Friday, June 04, 2010

The Good Word @ AS220


Rise n shine it, readers. The sun is out, the times are good, and the game is on. How could I find an ounce of dissatisfaction amongst a group of subscribers so palpably filled with vim and vigor? For what more could so high a concentration of ever-contented individuals possibly ask? I haven't heard any complaints yet. If I did, I'd just shush them up with a little mud and a few hairballs, the old fashioned way. Tried and true, works every time. If it ain't broke... you know what they say. Now where were we?

This Friday night promises one of our favorite noisy neighbors, B Sharp Music, presenting for your auditory enjoyment both You Scream I Scream and Eolune. Saturday, as per the staggeringly awesome yet usual, kicks off with an Irish Music Session in the bar. Later that night, Vudu Bevy, The Denver Boot, and November Calling provide the banjo-noodling soundtrack to your otherwise Rock n Roll lifestyle. Spice of Life! Count me in. Sundays got me quaking in my boots, people. I don't know that I can handle this much excitement; I've never tried. The day kicks off at 1 pm with an absolutely free of charge open house of our brand new Mercantile Block. Now, not all is up and running just yet, but the fabulous residential studios, soon-to-be Printshop and Labs, and plush practice spaces are starting to take shape. Plus, The Stable is open downstairs. Try and resist! I dare you! Starting at 4, our June gallery exhibitions will be unveiled. I'm no connoisseur, but one Serena JVE has spent the past three days logging in the Project Space, threatening something about a "room within a room," and throwing up hyper-insulated electric orange tarps. If this doesn't result in art, I don't know what will. Don't leave downtown just yet, art-goers. Its the first of the month, and you know what that means. The Empire Review, at sharply 8pm, will remind us what it was like to accidentally stumble across some steamy scene on cable TV while lounging in the den with your parents, age 8. Uncomfortable, yet somehow foreshadowing of the quasi-appropriate humorist your inner self will someday admit that you are. I'm going for the articles.

I'll not bore you with the details, readers. You can see for yourself the melange of happenings this week at your favorite non for profit arts establishment. I'll leave you to it. Until the rock show, away!

No comments: