Monday, January 19, 2009

Blood Ceremony



I picked up the new Blood Ceremony LP at Armageddon (which is strangely on violet vinyl...I would have expected blood red). I totally am digging this. As Ben at Armageddon said, they sound like Witchcraft with female vocals...which is pretty dead on. Of course, Witchcraft sounds like Sabbath/Pentagram so that is nothing totally radical or anything, but still totally good. These guys have a bit more Tull for obvious reasons:



...oh, and while searching for Blood Ceremony I randomly came across this absolutely bonkers painting by William-Adolphe Bouguereau from 1850 that I haven't seen since art school;

1 comment:

Jenn Hrabota Lesser said...

Tasty. The demon flying by with his arms crossed and a grin on his face is a sweet bonus to the naked male blood fest.