Saturday, January 03, 2009

basement tracks

Literally.

My basement was sorta trashed so it is forcing me to unearth lots of old stuff. Amongst the rubble were some really fun cassettes from 1989-1996 or so. I am going to post them as soon as I can, starting with these 2:

1) Mummers Play: This is a tape that compiled lots of locals doing holiday music. I only have a single, long mp3 right now, but check back soon for cut up tracks with credits. Happy belated holidaze.

click here for the forum thread

click here for the track - EDIT: I took down this version as I digitize a higher quality one.



2) Possibly my favorite PVD band of all time, Lazy Eye, made a 4 track recording before they created their properly recorded album. It was direct to 4 track. I think 2 of these tracks did not appear on the final record. Lazy Eye was: Glenn Quinette - guitar, Doug Alien - drums, Jed Marshall - vocals and bass, Kevin Devine - guitar and backup vocals.

go to the Rare and Live page to hear the 5 tracks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

when kevin was moving to seattle, i bought his slovtek head and 4x12 orange cab off him. aside from some minor work on the head at bsharp, both are still used regularly.