Thursday, April 08, 2010

Weekly Happs at the AS2000


We're at it again, readers. Down here at the Artist's Space Two Twenty, we've got a slew of awesome-encrusted happenings so bejeweled with radicalism and modernity I dare not look directly into their light. If good times are rhinestones, then I'm Liberace. Get out your Windex and newsprint like your mama taught you; I want to see my face in this one.

Tonight's goings on are as dazzling as they are imminent. AS220's much anticipated (as Facebook tells me) Jukebox goes live in but a mere matter of moments. If your all local and ever original tunes aren't up there yet, get crackin! Cruise on by the bar tonight to experience the greatest hits of Diego Perez, Shawn Greenlee, Diana Joy, Diego Perez,The Edens Experience, Soul Control, Megasus, and so many more. I'm sticking around after for an au courant film and performance art experience via UnSaddest Factory Theatre. Head home after to pop those black jeans in the dryer until Saturday night: Thou, Elder, Black Pyramid, and Kintaan remind us that Pure Evil hasn't lost its spunk. Sick stuff, people, and I'm not talking about chicken soup. Sunday night trades in unholy darkness for black comedy when The Empire Review returns to our stage. Racy! (Learn from my mistakes, readers: don't sit next to your parents. It gets awkward.) It doesn't end there! Monday night invokes a mystical immersion as traveling gypsies create semi-improvisational soundtracks to experimental films via analog synths, electronic hardware, and acoustic accompaniment. Steve Jobe & Rachel Miller are joined by the Jack Curtis Dubowsky Ensemble, as well as Jacob Haller. I'll pitch this out, too: Tuesday at noon we're hosting an Anarchist Luncheon. We'll provide the tea sandwiches and crudites if you bring the not-burning-the-place-down. Deal? Topic of convo includes "We Are an Image from the Future: the Greek Revolt of December 2008." Shake it all off Wednesday night with Daniel Francis Doyle, Divets, Math The Band 8-bit Visual Set, and Global Crash. Sexy Mustard. Right? Right!

There it is, team. T minus twenty minutes till Jukebox o'clock. I've got to finish uploading that song I just wrote... the one about a breakup that ends in a breakdown.... Meet me in partytown! For the full rundown of AS220's happs, get yourself to our website.

High Fives forever. Until next week, away!

No comments: