Sunday, March 01, 2009

Vice/Scion Rock Fest



Flew to Atlanta to see the "rock" fest. I could not see all of them as there were around 35 or something, but I did see14 bands in one day. Phew.
  • Mastodon
  • Neurosis
  • High on Fire
  • Boris
  • Torche
  • Baroness
  • Kylesa
  • Zoroaster
  • Withered
  • Krallice
  • Toxic Holocaust
  • Skeletonwitch
  • Pig Destroyer
  • Coalese
I think that I am going to have to say that Skeletonwitch was the best, even if the singer did do that Tom Araya stupid metal singer thing where he talks in normal guy voice while thanking the crowd and soundman and crap and then goes into "evil" voice to announce the song. Anyway, great show. Mastodon was a little disappointing but most others ruled.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How is Neurosis these days?

Ryan said...

I actually thought they were a little dull, but I think Paul dug it. The outdoor stage was not as cool as the indoor ones so all the bands out there lost a little something.
The video thing that they do didnt feel that rad to me. It was like watching TV when what I wanted to do was see a band. I bet if it were in a small club and the video was enormous...and I was like 10-30 feet from the band, it would have been more awesome.