Sunday, September 09, 2007

Yup...that MWM show was sweet. I wish all shows had a cool outside space with homemade ice cream, record labels, homemade cookies and bike repair. Instead there is just smoke and people that smoke.

I only got to see 4 bands due to previous commitments, but I have to say they were all really good. For 4pm, HOWL brought the metal. After that I saw Lolita Black...who as they get more Rock (capital "R") they get more awesomer . Yup. After that I walked to Chine Inn, had some scallion pancakes and then got back for Badman and then Dirty On Purpose...both of whom I have never seen, both of whom were good. I was psyched to see the variety in bands at this gig. Eclectic.

Project Diggs was in effect too which was also cool. There were some pretty interesting photos up as well as a cool piece that has light traces falling over a model in the dark. I liked that one. It was like something that I did in art school with Polaroid Land Cameras, a model, a dark room and a handheld red laser pen. Fun with light.

Thank God for Machines With Magnets. That space is so fucking cool and the people are top notch.

Oh, and now for something completely different:

No comments: