Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Pelican


Paul and I went straight from work to the Middle East tonight to see Pelican. The opener...I cant remember their name...Priest something, were pretty good mixed with pretty boring. Then Clouds were next. I wanted to like them because one of them is from CaveIn...but the were boring dude rock. Pelican however, saved the night. They ruled. Enormous and ominous.

I am sending this pic and text from my phone/paul's car so who knows if it will make it through all of those internets to lotsofnoise.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was a really tight show by Pelican. Priestbird used to play under the name "Tarantula A.D." - an act and sound that suited their outfit (cello, guitar, and drums) much better than their newer, less inventive and more "nu" style of composing. Clouds presents their music as "dude rock," but it's really just an act. The guitar work in their music is something to behold - coming from someone who listens to and prefers bands such as Do Make Say Think or, say, Mogwai who rely almost solely on composition and rarely improvise.

Anonymous said...

dude rock>you. I'm being nice about it.