Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Happs at As220




Rise and shine, gang! The weekend is upon us, and you know what that means: tamales! I mean, beaches! I mean, good times! I don't know if anybody else is still riding the ESG/Dropdead/Megasus/nachos from Julian's high from last weekend, but if I don't find a way to keep chasing that dragon, there's going to be hell to pay, stat. Where to begin:

Saturday=surprise lineup. I can't 100% promise anyone jumping out of a cake, but I can promise Zulu Lulu, Infinite Children, Octopus Triangle, and AcoustiYah. Acoustic Middle Eastern Indie Rock! Prog Trios! Git it! Sunday hosts my all time favorite genre: technically proficient avante-electro ambient spin-off jazz house. Yes! Put your hands together for Mongo, Egg Brains, The Bygones, and Dan Liparini. Hey, did you guys know that there's life drawing every Tuesday? True story. 6-8:30. Bring your own supplies and six little dollars, and stick around afterward this week for Glowkid, S.O.S, and Callus Black. This Thursday Providence Poetry Slam is also hosting a writers workshop upstairs at 7, and, ok get this, later that night, a show close to my heart: Like a terrifying bird of prey hardwired to kill then inexplicably adopted as the symbol of a theoretically benevolent nation, Purple Rhinestone Eagle swoops in, talons resplendent in the myriad rays of a mirror ball, like so many feather embellished, jewel encrusted classic rock revivals. Party! Hot on their tails are Bellows, Whore Paint, and Providence's newest redefinition of lo-fi with style, Cave Girls. Count me in.

There it is, readers. For a full list of the happs, get thee to our calendar! Until the rock show, away!

No comments: