Monday, March 31, 2008

Danava, Acid Mothers Temple and Kaiju

I went to the Danava/Acid Mothers Temple show the other day with a bunch of folks. As usual, I dug Danava. Not as mind blowing as when I saw them in California, but still really good.
The bassist was playing an Epiphone EB-3 which looked about a mile and a half long to me. Maybe I am just used to seeing the shorty EB-0s. Here is a video, with as usual, crummy audio (I need to find a digicam with a decent mic). I also saw most of AMT, but was getting really tired after going straight from work to the show and left about an hour into the set. Japanese Psycho-Freakout.







I also saw that Kaiju Big Battel last night. Man, it was fun. There was a special "guest" that showed up. This wrestler names Chris Hero (from underground wresting Ring Of Honor) appeared out of nowhere and made his way into the "ring". I don't know what the angle was, but as you may know...I like the wrastlin...and Hero is a pretty ridiculous and entertaining wrestler. Anyway, Kaiju was good...I recommend it to anyone that likes to see people dressed up as monsters and, um...wrestling. Probably the coolest thing is that they painted the mat too look like a birds-eye view of a city. Roads, grass, parks, etc. Then they put fake buildings all over to make the monsters look like true Kaiju. The fun part is that there was a gigantic projection screen and an aerial camera shooting and projecting. Through the camera lens, the monsters, buildings and roads all looked like a real Japanese monster movie...which was just plain cool.

Oh, and if you ever get a chance to see "Stephen King's The Mist"...don't. It sucked.

No comments: