Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Random Slice

I just wanted to give some random props to Nice Slice on Thayer Street. These guys are always awesome and make killer pizza. Thin crust, tangy sauce, spicy pepperoni...really good.

If you are looking for some gross crap like Eggplant Parm Pizza or Tuna Casserole Pizza, you will have to go somewhere else...but if you are looking for well made thin crust pies this is the place. Carnivore, Omnivore and Herbivore friendly.

That's it...no biggie. Just spreading the word.

(ps, I stole this photo off of Flickr here)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

the slice has tons of weird non-pizza ingredients available, the BBQ chicken and pesto chicken slay.

Also the eggplant (parm) pizza from Tommy's is possibly my favorite. Deep fried battered eggplant plopped on a pizza, how is that not the best thing ever?

Ryan said...

yech.

I would be happy if all pizza places got rid of the non standards...but I am kinda traditional when it comes to my pizza. I want it the way it began in Naples...tomatoes, basil, cheese...sometimes pork, olives, rosemary...

If you couldn't get it in southern Italy 400 years ago, I don't want it on my pizza!

:)

Anonymous said...

I don't think nice slice (or any place in town) has real mozzarella made from water buffalo's milk.

Pogo Park said...

This place is the cat's meow. Best pizza I've ever had in North America... and I've eaten a lot of pizza in North America. From the simple cheese to the vegan barbeque chicken, absolutely effing delicious. Go there!

Ryan said...

"I don't think nice slice (or any place in town) has real mozzarella made from water buffalo's milk."

Good one Anonymous. Yeah, buffalo Mozz would be amazing...but it is actually not as good (I think) on pizza as modern Cowmilk Mozz...but then again...I think Nice Slice might actually mix in other cheeses as well. I know when I make Pizza at home I throw in some Asiago with the Mozzarella. Anyway, yeah.