Thursday, March 16, 2006

Yes, we were down...and we need your help

Sorry that LOTOFNOISE was down for a day or so. It should be good to go again now.

LOTSOFNOISE needs some help from you all. I have been paying for this site for over 6 years now, mostly out of pocket. For a little while I had advertisers from awesome local shops, labels etc...but I really wanted LON to be ad free...and still do. The problem is that this site is so big and has so much media on it, that I just can't keep up cash-wise. This is one of the reasons that LON was down last month and again this month.

Sasha and I have been thinking about it a bit and it seems like a good idea to have a benefit show for LOTSOFNOISE. There are tons of people that use this site each month (well, thousands actually) and I would like to think that many of them would like to throw just a few bucks into the pot to help me keep it alive. We are going to be planning a show for the next month or so where proceeds will go directly into the hosting costs of this site. As always, I make no money from LON and do it entirely for my love of the city, the scene and your bands.

Please keep an eye out for the advertisement of the show. I am hoping to sell posters and shirts at the show too...so if you feel like donating a little time to help screen or whatever, let me know. I will start a forum thread sometime in the near future about this very topic.

Thanks everyone, and I hope you did not miss anything awesome while we were down.

R O C K

No comments: